There is a horrible disease running rampant in the body of Christ today. I’m still not exactly sure what to label it, but I see its symptoms in far too many of God’s people. It seems many have learned to talk the good talk, but where is the good walk?
• Talking all the right things while doing all the wrong.
• Talking all kinds of good intentions while never following through.
• Talking all kinds of righteous stands we will take while never actually taking them.
• Talking how much we love and honor others while doing unloving and dishonorable things behind their backs.
• Talking about how we are willing to suffer for Christ’s sake but reneging every time we are asked to do so by a situation we may find ourselves in.
• Talking about how committed we are to the Lord, the Kingdom, the Church, and our purpose but then continually choosing to do things that prove otherwise.
• Talking about how much we support people who are leading the charge and then abandoning them when the charge up the hill begins.
• Talking about how we will stand in truth no matter what it cost us and then become far more comfortable living out the lie over time.
What causes this? Is it immaturity? Is it that we have become incredibly ADD? Is it because we have really good intentions but the will to follow through is just too weak?
…Or are our words just empty words?
Matthew 12:36 (NKJV)
36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.