It’s Not About Ducks

Well by now, less than 24 hours into the thing, few people are unaware of Duck Commander’s Phil Robertson’s latest statements and the subsequent removal of him from the show. I have had the time today to keep up with the national news feeds, talking heads, and spin-doctors points of view. In doing so I’ve come to the conclusion that many have missed the whole issue.

This is not about a TV show.

This is not about a reality television star.

This is not really about “freedom” of speech because Phil was allowed to say what he wanted and it was printed.

This is about control and retribution from those who oppose truth. This is about the powers that be that seek to muzzle Biblical values, Christian teaching, and witnessing. This is about 5% of the entire population controlling what the other 95% of this country may watch and listen too. This is about large corporations that would rather have some 21-year-old singer twerking, swinging naked on a wrecking ball, and lighting up a joint on television than having the Word of God spoken through a very REAL Christian family.

I realize by writing this I am opening myself up to criticism, but I for one and along with many others, are simply fed up with the hypocrisy of the politically and religious correct. Liberals in the political arena and pansies in the pulpit (and in the pew) make me nauseous.  I’m in good company. Jesus said this about those who were milk toast on biblical works and their love for Him…

Revelation 3:16 (NKJV) 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

What Phil Robertson said may very well cost him everything when it comes to the TV show and endorsement revenues. The initial outpouring of support will soon fade with time while his enemies will maintain the fight to make sure he never comes back. I know that one first hand.

I have a new hero. His name is Phil Robertson. Say what you want about longhaired, bearded rednecks, his words are far more anointed than many silver-tongued preachers I have listened too, no matter how uncouth he may sound. He is uniquely positioned outside the “camp” of the mainstream political and religious systems and he doesn’t care what either thinks of him, only the Lord.

There was another man 2,000 years ago who was dressed in camel-hair, ate locus, and gave both the political and religious systems the uncompromised Word of the Lord…all of it in preparation for the revealing of Jesus that was soon to follow.

Expect many more to come in the same spirit of John the Baptist as sin runs rampant and Jesus’ appearing nears.

Yes, this is far more than about ducks.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: